Investment FAQ's

It is easy to invest in Israel Bonds. There are a range of Bonds, suitable for a variety of investment portfolios. To find out our current rates, please go to the rates page

What are my investment options?

Israel Bonds currently offers the following securities:
- Jubilee Bonds - US Dollars, Sterling
- Maccabee Bonds – US Dollars
- Sabra SavingsBonds-US Dollars
- Savings Bond-Sterling, Euro
- Mazel Tov Bonds (gift bonds) - US Dollars, Sterling, Euro
- Floating Rate Bonds - US Dollars (Libor), Euro (Euribor)

What are bond prices and maturities?

The most current information can be found on the Rates US Dollars, Rates Sterling and
RatesEuro pages.

Has Israel ever defaulted on payment of principal or interest?

No. Israel enjoys an exceptional reputation for debt repayment that has been cited by Moody’s Investors Service.

When are rates determined and interest paid?

Rates for all Israel bonds are determined twice per month, except Mazel Tov, which are determined once per month. Sabra, Mazel Tov, Maccabee and Jubilee bonds pay a fixed rate of interest for the life of the bond. Sabra, Mazel Tov bonds pay interest and principal upon maturity. Jubilee and Maccabee bonds pay semi-annual interest May 1st and November 1st. LIBOR Floating Rate and LIBOR Floating Rate Financing bonds pay interest June 1st and December 1st.

Do bonds earn interest beyond maturity?

Israel bonds do not accrue interest after maturity.

Can I reinvest mature Israel bonds in a new security?

Yes. For complete information please contact

How do I pay for my bond?


see How to invest


What information do I need to purchase a bond as a gift?

The person who will be the recipient is the registered holder, and the recipient’s name and address are required. If the holder is a minor, a custodian must be named as part of the registration

For redemptions, do I have to submit the physical bond?

Yes. If you hold a physical certificate, it must be submitted to the fiscal agent with order to receive payment. If you have a book entry bond, the fiscal agent will either mail the redemption check to the address on file upon maturity or deposit it into the bank account provided.

What do I do if a bond is lost?

Contact our office, or email
A fee will be charged to replace each bond, based on the total face value.

What documents are needed for redemptions and transfers involving a deceased investor?

For redemptions involving a deceased bondholder, you will need a certified copy of the death certificate as well as:

  • Securities transfer Form
  • Will or Probated Court Decision
  • Declaration of Transmission
  • Physical certificate (if appropriate)

Can I transfer my bond to another individual or organization?

Depending on the issue, under certain circumstances Israel bonds may be transferred to immediate family members orcertain organizations. Details may be found in the Information Memorandum or contact us, or email
for further information.

How does DCI handle personal and private information?


Your privacy is very important to us. We want you to understand when we collect and use information about you, and the steps taken to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and security of your personal information. The DCI privacy policy can be reviewed here.


Does Israel Bonds have a business continuity plan?

The Bonds organizationmaintains a comprehensive business continuity plan (BCP) that addresses how DCI/State of Israel Bonds will respond in the event of a significant business disruption. The BCP is subject to modification.